There are many lifting devices currently in use that are not safe to use by OSHA standards. Does your facility have any in use? If so, you are potentially subjecting your employees to unsafe conditions and your company to OSHA sanctions.
All of ELT’s products are manufactured to meet the highest quality standards of ANSI/ASME B30.20 and OSHA Regulations.
How to tell if your lifters are OSHA compliant:
- The rated load of the lifting device is legibly marked on the main structure.
- They have an ID tag with the following minimum information:
- Manufacturer’s name and address
- Serial number
- Lifter weight, if over 100 lbs
- Rated load
- ASME BTH-1 Design Category
- ASME BTH-1 Service Class
- The device was designed by or under the direct supervision of a qualified person and the design is in accordance with ASME BTH-1.
- All welding was done in accordance with ANSI/AWS D14.1 and ASME BTH-1.
For more information on OSHA’s complete Regulations click here.
ELT has built a reputation for the design and manufacture of safe, durable personnel baskets. All of ELT’s baskets are manufactured to meet the highest quality standards of ANSI/ASME B30.20 and OSHA Regulations and we continue to lead the industry in safety and compliance.
For more information on OSHA’s regulations for crane and derrick suspended platforms please visit OSHA